Berne and Levy Physiology 7th Edition
Berne and Levy Physiology 7th Edition have been respected for its scientifically rigorous approach towards- one that leads to an in-depth understanding of the body’s physiological processes. The long-awaited 7th Edition by Dr. Bruce M. Koeppen and Bruce A. Stanton continues this tradition of excellence. With integrated coverage of biophysics and neurophysiology, key experimental observations and examples, and full-color design and artwork, this mid-size text is “just right” for a keen understanding of this complex field.
Berne and Levy Physiology 7th Edition content
- An organ system-based approach describes all of the mechanisms that control and regulate bodily function.
- Critical experimental observations and examples provide a rich understanding of the body’s dynamic processes.
- Student Consult access allows you to view the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you go, perform quick searches, tap into relevant bonus content from other Student Consult titles, test your understanding with USMLE-style review questions, add your notes and bookmarks, and much more.
- More “In the Clinic” and “At the Molecular Level” boxes help readers better understand and apply what they’ve learned.
- New coverage includes expanded discussions of gut and lung microbiota,; the limbic system; the hypothalamus and control of food intake; cardiac and vascular function curves during exercise; new aspects of lipid absorption; GI and metabolic consequences of bariatric surgery, the role of innate lymphoid cells in defense of the respiratory system, molecular mechanisms in normal and pathological muscle contraction; arterial pulse changes with age and the ankle-brachial index; regulation of the blood-brain barrier and cerebral blood flow; the provision of phosphate; and thyroid hormone mechanism of action.
- Each chapter begins with an all-new bulleted list of questions and ends with critical concepts covered in that section.