Clinical Guide to Ophthalmic Drugs 2017
Welcome to the Clinical Guide to Ophthalmic Drugs 2017. Although the market has not yielded an avalanche of new drugs to share with our readers this year, we will discuss myriad ways to better use most of the medicines already available. Further, we will offer a variety of clinical pearls to help you provide better care to your patients.
The areas of eye care most germane to optometry involve two chronic conditions: dry eye disease and glaucoma. These two disease processes make up more than 50% of our patient population.
The book Clinical Guide to Ophthalmic Drugs 2017 also covers ocular toxicology, focusing on drug interactions, ocular effects of systemic drugs, and life-threatening systemic emergencies.
- A logical organization makes it easy to find essential information.
- Complete coverage of the basic fundamentals of pharmacology such as ocular drug delivery and ocular drug formulations.
- Comprehensive reviews of the pharmacology of specific classes of agents such as the cycloplegics, antiglaucoma drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs, ocular irrigating solutions, and contact lens care products.
- In-depth information on ocular drugs used in clinical practice, including chapters on drugs used to treat eyelid disorders, lacrimal diseases, conjunctiva diseases, corneal diseases, allergies, uveitis, postoperative cataract, retinal diseases, and glaucoma.
- Coverage of ocular toxicology, including drug interactions, ocular effects of systemic drugs, and life-threatening systemic emergencies.
- Completely revised and updated content that reflects the latest advances in pharmacology.
- Updated information on post-operative drugs, including LASIK follow up medications.
- Expanded coverage in the chapters on Anti-infective Drugs, Anti-allergy Drugs and Decongestants, and Lubricants and Other Preparations of Ocular Surface Disease that includes the latest advancements in antibiotics and medications used to treat allergies and dry eye.
- A dosage quick reference guide on the inside front cover for quick and easy access.
- Information on the use of herbal medications.