First Aid for the Basic Sciences General Principles Third Edition
This third edition of First Aid for the Basic Sciences: General Principles, committed to providing students with the most useful and up-to-date preparation guides for the USMLE Step 1. For the past year, a team of authors and editors have worked to update and further improve this third edition. This edition represents a major revision in many ways.
- Brand new Public Health and Patient Safety sections have been added.
- Every page has been carefully reviewed and updated to reflect the most high-yield material for the Step 1 exam.
- New high-yield figures, tables, and mnemonics have been incorporated.
- Margin elements, including flash cards, have been added to assist in optimizing the studying process.
- Hundreds of user comments and suggestions have been incorporated .
- Emphasis on integration and linkage of concepts was increased.
First Aid for the Basic Sciences General Principles Third Edition book would not have been possible without the help of the hundreds of students and faculty members who contributed their feedback and suggestions. Author invite students and faculty to please share their thoughts and ideas to help us improve First Aid
for the Basic Sciences: General Principles.
First Aid for the Basic Sciences General Principles Third Edition content
• An essential companion during your first two years of medical school.
• Includes important foundational content most other reviews leave out.
• Focuses on the high-yield topics and facts tested on the USMLE Step 1.
• Enhanced by full-color images, learning aids, tables, and concise text to streamline your study and help you excel in coursework and on the USMLE Step 1.
• Provides a complete framework for understanding biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, pathology, pharmacology, and public health sciences.
• Mirrors the table of contents of First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 to facilitate side-by-side study.
• Written by students who aced the USMLE and reviewed by top faculty.