First Aid For The USMLE Step 1 28th edition 2018
With First Aid For The USMLE Step 1 28th edition 2018, the author continues our commitment to providing students with the most useful and up-to-date preparation guide for the USMLE Step 1. This publication represents an outstanding revision in many ways, including:
- 35 entirely new high-yield topics are reflecting evolving trends in the USMLE Step 1.
- Extensive text revisions, new mnemonics, clarifications, and corrections curated by a team of more than 40
medical student and resident physician authors who excelled on their Step 1 examinations and verified by a group of expert faculty advisors and nationally recognized USMLE instructors.
- A new section on learning and memory science in Section I, Guide to Efficient Exam Preparation.
- Updated with 35+ new full-color photos to help visualize various disorders, detailed findings, and basic
science concepts. Additionally, revised imaging photos have been labeled and optimized to show both normal
anatomy and pathologic findings.
- Updated study tips on the opening page of each chapter.
- Improved integration of clinical images and illustrations to better reinforce and learn critical anatomic concepts.
- Improved organization of text, figures, and tables throughout for quick review of high-yield topics.
- Updated with 50+ new and revised diagrams and illustrations as part of our ongoing collaboration with
USMLE-Rx (MedIQ Learning, LLC).
- Reorganized Rapid Review section to present high-yield concepts by topic and with page numbers to the
- Revitalized coverage of current, high-yield print and digital resources in Section IV with more lucid explanations of
their relevance to USMLE Step 1 review.
The First Aid For The USMLE Step 1 28th edition 2018 incorporates thousands of contributions and improvements suggested by student and faculty advisors. The author invites you to participate in this process.
- Study and test-taking strategies for the USMLE Step 1
- New facts, mnemonics, diagrams, and clinical images
- High-yield topics that may appear on future Step 1 exams
- Personal ratings and comments on review books, question banks, apps, videos, and courses