Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology 15th edition
The Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology 15th edition, written by the distinguished Dr. Emil Novak of Johns Hopkins, became a thriving and vital international reference for the practice of gynecology. This version is the carefully nurtured descendant of that book and retains the useful format of the prior three editions of the text, enhanced by full-color illustrations and photographic reproductions.
The goal of Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology 15th edition is to provide a comprehensive summary of the specialty of gynecology. All chapters were thoroughly revised to provide timely information and references. The illustrations and photographs were updated and made more accessible and informative. Two new sections are added to the 15th edition—one on uterine fibroids to expand the discussion on this most common of problems for women, and another on robotic surgery to address the increased utilization of this technology in gynecologic operations.
Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology 15th edition pdf content
Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology 15th edition is presented in eight sections.
- The first section, Principles of Practice, includes the initial assessment of the gynecologic patient, the history, and physical examination, and communication skills. This article addresses ethical principles of patient care, quality assessment and improvement, and the epidemiology of gynecologic conditions.
- The second section, Basic Principles, summarizes the scientific basis for the specialty—anatomy and embryology, molecular biology and genetics, and reproductive physiology.
- The third section, Preventive and Primary Care, emphasizes the importance of primary health care for women, which has evolved to address preventive care, screening, family planning, sexuality, and everyday psychiatric problems.
- The fourth section, General Gynecology, reviews benign diseases of the female reproductive tract, the evaluation of pelvic infections, uterine fibroids, pain, intraepithelial conditions, the management of early pregnancy loss and ectopic pregnancy, and the evaluation of benign breast disease.
- The fifth section, Operative General Gynecology, covers perioperative care and the operative management of benign gynecologic conditions using endoscopy, hysterectomy, and robotics.
- The sixth section is Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery. The seventh chapter, Reproductive Endocrinology, summarizes the significant disorders affecting the growth, development, and function of women from puberty through menopause.
- The eighth section of Novak’s Textbook of Gynecology 15th edition, Gynecologic Oncology, covers malignant diseases of the female reproductive tract and breast cancer.